Senior Tax Expert
Join the Luminor team to build a contemporary and entrepreneurial organization!
Senior Tax Expert
- Job type: Permanent, Full-time
- Vietą Vilnius
- Application deadline: 26/07/2020
Luminor is a contemporary, new-generation bank and financial services provider in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with a local understanding of its home markets and customer needs. Built on the extensive experience of the two leading Nordic banks and a corporate partnership with a global investment firm - Blackstone, Luminor is the third-largest financial services provider in the Baltic region. With its customer base of 1.3 million clients and its team of over 2500 professionals, Luminor aims to become a leading financial services provider for Baltic businesses and entrepreneurial people.
Join us and become our newest team member making the change and advancing the world of banking!
Make the change as a Senior Tax Expert
The Senior Tax Expert will be joining Luminor Group Accounting and Tax team and will be responsible for providing tax advice, judgment and tax efficient solutions to direct manager and other divisions. The purpose is to ensure that business decisions taken in Luminor bear minimum exposure to tax risk.
- Perform comprehensive tax risk management in all Group;
- Control accuracy of taxes assessed and perform tax due diligence;
- Provide tax advice and support to other departments and Group entities, process requests from direct manager and pan-Baltic divisions;
- Develop and maintain internal tax instructions and guidelines, shape efficient tax processes within the organization;
- Represent primary contact in communication with the tax authority;
- Constantly seek for tax effective solutions and structures;
- Supply direct manager with tax relevant information and proactively escalate tax issues;
- Perform personal tasks with commitment and according to Luminor values. Contribute to team and company performance and collaboration;
- Take responsibility in professional self-development.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in tax advice and technical proficiency in income taxes (corporate, withholding, personal) and value added tax. Experience in transfer pricing is beneficial;
- Understanding principles and fundamentals of tax law, navigating both legislative clauses and legislative gaps;
- Knowledge of international tax environment: tax treaties, OECD tax framework, EU VAT case-law fundamentals;
- Constructive response to challenges;
- Critical thinking;
- Confident in communication with tax authority;
- Long-term development focus;
- Result-oriented and self-motivated;
- Ability to work in dynamic environment;
- Education in Business management, Finance, Tax law or similar field;
- Fluency in English.
Why Luminor? What we offer you:
- Dynamic and International working environment that is filled with interesting challenges and opportunities as we build and innovate a new bank together;
- Varied opportunities to support your professional and personal development and growth;
- A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary;
- An additional benefits package for employees after 1 year in the company, which includes additional days of vacation;
- A collaborative and supportive team where you can create and implement ideas;
- A salary range for this position is starting from 2500 EUR (Gross*), which is to be determined depending on the level of experience and competencies of the selected candidate;
Please send your CV in English.
Please be informed that only suitable candidates will be contacted.