Data mining analyst
Join the biggest transformation in Baltics!
Data mining analyst
- Job type: Permanent, Full-time
- Application deadline: 26/05/2019
The purpose of Luminor Products & Offering business area is to develop market leading offering to our existing and future customers. Luminor strategy puts high focus on data as a corporate asset and a business driver. The aim of the Customer Intelligence & Analysis unit is to ensure that we are able to provide individualised and contextual service and offers to our customers. As a member of Luminor’s Customer Intelligence & Analysis team you will ensure that data and analytical needs in organization are met.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of Luminor’s Customer Intelligence & Analysis unit you will identify opportunities to improve productivity via statistical modelling and develop related processes, solutions. Support team with creating automated or semi-automated processes in order to provide necessary data in an effective way. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and deliver them to internal clients. Support team members with data processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Identify areas for improvement, review modification possibilities to existing software to improve efficiency and performance. Explore data to identify opportunities to improve business results. Gain an understanding of business needs and necessary analysis where appropriate through internal discussion.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources;
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques;
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base;
- Identify and report data quality, privacy or other related data gaps;
- Work closely with other units in order to identify potential data and analytical needs;
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods;
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis;
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data;
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges;
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Learning and researching, creative thinking;
- Teamwork and collaboration, ability to work across borders;
- Ability to parse and handle large amounts of data that is delivered using database connection or CSV, XML, JSON, Excel and other common data formats;
- ETL techniques, including offsite/desktop data transformations;
- Data warehousing concepts, usage and application of business intelligence tools;
- Data understanding, cleansing and preparation for using in developing and training machine learning models;
- General paradigms of machine learning, application and tuning of typical machine learning algorithms;
- Some data transformation/analytics platform like Tableau, Knime, R, Python;
- Strong SQL skills, preferably Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL;
- Responsible attitude to work, high level of taking ownership, attention to details, work results presentation, understandability;
- Fluent English in writting and speaking.
Optional knowledge, considered as advantage:
- Big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, etc.;
- Knime Analytics Platform;
- Prototyping skills via knowledge of some development tool or environment;
- Experience in software requirements analysis;
Professional experience in:
- More than 3 years of experience working with complex data mining and analysis
- Higher education degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
Tallinn or Riga or Vilnius.
For more information please contact hiring manager firstname.lastname@example.org; responsible HR Partner .